Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is the concept whereby organisations integrate social and environmental concerns into their business operations and into their interaction with their stakeholders on a voluntary basis. CSR has developed in the private sector whereby companies recognise that, as well as making a return for their shareholders, they, at the same time, could contribute to social and environmental objectives.
Buckingham Group is committed to maintaining the highest of standards of Corporate Social Responsibility in our business activities. We recognise that we have an integral responsibility for all matters of general concern to the society in which we operate and to our own, and society’s stakeholders. This responsibility is demonstrated through our actions and within our comprehensive suite of corporate policies, processes and procedures supported by Directors and Senior Managers.
There is a lot of good work contributing to CSR taking place within Buckingham Group and our policy and associated strategies will continue to build on this in the future.
Guiding Principles and Values
Buckingham Group is an owner-managed business, our guiding principles, based on our retained and practiced family values, recognise that we must integrate our business values and operations to meet the expectations of our staff, our Clients and all stakeholders. These include customers, employees, suppliers, the community and the environment.
Buckingham Group is committed to a set of core values in the following areas:
- Health and Safety, Wellbeing and Welfare
- Environment / Sustainability
- Customers Relationships and Service
- Community Relations, maximising Socioeconomic and Social Value benefits
- Supply Chain Management and Ethical Procurement
- Governance and People
- Recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to our stakeholders are integral to business. We aim to demonstrate these responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies
- Conducting our financial/tax affairs to comply with all applicable UK Law, legal and statutory requirements including applying the spirit of such legislation in conducting the affairs of the company. We will only accept a low level of risk in relation to UK taxation and will ensure that we pay our fair share of tax
- Take seriously all feedback, compliments and complaints that we receive from our stakeholders
- Will, in our continual commitment to sustainable development, be open and honest in communicating our policies, strategies, targets, performance and governance to our stakeholders
- Will, where practicable and reasonable, make the necessary resources available to realise our corporate responsibilities
CSR activity undertaken by Buckingham Group Staff is reported to the Management Board on a regular (at least annual) basis. Directors and Senior Managers maintain a framework of current and future CSR programmes that are run within their business areas and report on these to the Board.