Over the past 15 years we have established a strong track record in the safe, on-time, and in-budget delivery of a wide range of complex, multi-disciplinary Railway Projects. The scope includes feasibility, option selection, outline and detailed design, through to implementation / construction, commissioning and hand back.
We work collaboratively with our Rail Clients to provide a fully integrated end to end delivery model, encompassing all stages of design, project, and programme management. With our complimentary Civils, Land Remediation, Demolition and Building services, our capability to deliver complex infrastructure and building schemes offers our Rail Clients a “Total Construction Solution”.
Network Rail is our major Client for whom we are an established Framework Contractor. Our Rail Framework Teams are currently working in collaboration with Network Rail IP LNW, under two framework agreements, to deliver their planned enhancement Programme over Control Period 5 (CP5) 2014 - 2019.
Our in-house Rail Teams comprising Project Management, Design and Engineering staff, and a qualified onsite workforce also work in collaboration with other Clients, Train Operating Companies, and Local Authorities in the Railway Industry.
The multi-disciplinary capability of our staff includes the following range of activities, which are often delivered within the constraints of an operational station / railway environment:
- Rail Engineering - Civil and Structural Engineering Solutions
- Earthworks and Drainage
- Embankment Stabilisation and Protection
- Major Re-Signalling and Re-Modelling Schemes
- Railway Track Beds and Ballast Operations
- Lineside Structures - Foundations, Culverts and Ancillary Structures
- Troughing Route
- Station Construction and Refurbishment
- National Station Improvement Projects (NSIP) and Access for All Scheme
- Platform Construction / Extensions and General Improvements
- Station Interchanges and Car Parks - Ground Level, Decks and Multi-Storey Solutions
- Depots, Trainwash Facilities and Buildings
- Overbridges, Underbridges and Footbridges
Our projects are successfully delivered through a focus on:
- Collaboration, embracing BS11000 (where applicable) and co-located project offices
- Promoting the benefits of early contractor involvement and delivering the efficiencies required by the modern Rail Industry
- Safety for all delivered through the application of:
- Behavioural Safety Initiative – All Ways Safely
- Safety by Design as part of the Design and Engineering process
- Our Rail Operating Procedures which comply with Railway Industry and Network Rail Standards
- Network Rail Life Saving Rules and STAR criteria
- Efficient planning and programming to protect rail operations and eliminate disruption for passengers, including the careful planning and use of possessions
- Delivering cost effective, sustainable and accessible schemes