Buckingham Group completes the National Indoor Arena (Dublin) Phase 2
Following the completion of the National Indoor Arena in Dublin in early 2017, Buckingham has now completed Phase 2 of this project.
The facility provides 20,000 m2 of permanent indoor, changing, ancillary and office facilities for Ireland’s three leading field sports (Gaelic games, football and rugby) for use by the respective men’s and women’s national squads.
Opened on Friday 14th June by Taoiseach Leo Varadkar, Phase 2 incorporates Multiple Pitch Construction to provide permanent indoor facilities for Gaelic Games, Soccer and Rugby including:
- Full-size indoor synthetic soccer pitch to GAA standards for Synthetic Pitches with changing rooms, office space, storage
- Half-size indoor synthetic rugby pitch to IRFU standards, with changing rooms, office space, storage
- Elite Fitness and Conditioning Centre
Ireland’s two leading field sports have access to extensive indoor and outdoor facilities along with the science of the Sport Ireland Institute. There is also an additional spin off by the nature of how the campus works with the Sport Ireland Institute a focal point, where athletes from all sports can mix and share information.
The facility continues our relationship with the National Sports Campus which we hope to continue in future years.
About Buckingham Group
With a company history spanning over 63 years, Buckingham Group Contracting Ltd is a major multi-disciplinary contractor with a turnover exceeding £500m. We are an established Principal Contractor providing a range of fully integrated, versatile and flexible services to Public and Private Sector Clients throughout the UK & Ireland. Operating from our Head Office, near Silverstone, and regional offices in London, Theale, Birmingham, Manchester, Warrington and Doncaster our services include:
- Sports stadia and leisure facilities
- Rail Stations including new build and refurbishment
- Railways and rail engineering
- Major Infrastructure works for development sites
- Highways, bridges and structures
- High quality Building projects, (Offices, distribution warehousing and manufacturing facilities) to BREEAM Excellent
- The delivery of complex site remediation projects
- Demolition and deconstruction projects
For further information please contact:
Buckingham Group Contracting
Silverstone Road, Stowe
Buckingham, MK18 5LJ
Tel: 01280 823355